RoundAbout Travel, a national travel company specialising in Round the World airfares.
RoundAbout Travel was founded in 2008 by travel professionals Amy and Mark Trim. After many years in the industry as travel consultants and branch managers we were frustrated by the confusion and mystery surrounding around the world fares and decided to do something about it.
‘Keep it simple’ was our answer and we set out to build a company and a website dedicated to servicing internet savvy individuals that wanted expert & timely service, relevant information, a user friendly website and most of all great value.
Now in our 8th year of trading, RoundAbout Travel has grown to 18 staff and have sold in excess of $112 million of round the world airfares with many happy clients. You can read over 500 of our testimonials and reviews on Facebook or Trustpilot.
RoundAbout Travel from 2008 until 2014 was a licensed Australian Travel Agent, a member of AFTA and participated in the Travel Compensation Fund (TCF). As of July 2015, the TCF has been disbanded and licensing is no longer part of the travel landscape in Australia. The rationale behind the Government’s decision to wind up the TCF and licensing was the significant burden placed on Australian companies in terms of compliance costs, when many Australian travellers are now also dealing with international companies who don’t have any of these barriers or costs.
Effectively this means that you no longer have protection in terms of a travel intermediary winding up, although this can be covered with QBE Travel Insurance that our Concierge department can handle [see PDS for details and to decide if this product is right for you]. This isn’t a major concern for a retail travel agent with a good trading record like ours and a strong capital base but you should be weary of start ups without a long trading history. RoundAbout Travel is an AFTA ATAS accredited travel agency, and that’s extremely important in the current landscape. Please view our ATAS accreditation certificate here.
All of our credit card transactions are processed via NAB with the security of eWay, Australia’s largest online merchant processor and we have full professional indemnity and public liability insurance. Our company director Mark Trim is in the office Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm and can be reached on 1300 318 227 should you have any questions or concerns to address.
RoundAbout Travel Features & Benefits
- Service Guarantee – 1 business day turnaround to each and every request
- Information – simplified approach to all round the world airfares
- Experience – 16 consultants with a minimum 4 years experience in retail travel
- Specialists – book with confidence with a round the world specialist who can answer all your questions and guide you through the process
- E-commerce company – lower overheads = better value for the consumer
- Simplicity – No superfluous, hard to use gadgets or unnecessary jargon
- Choice – Custom itineraries for every trip and route imaginable
- Peace of mind – AFTA, ATAS and IATA member
- As an ATAS member we hold professional indemnity, public liability and management liability
- Buying Power – as part of the Independent Travel Group with 500+ independent members we have the buying power to deliver the best fares on the market. In 2015 and 2017, RoundAbout Travel was awarded ‘National Agent of the Year’ as part of this buying group
No more trips to the travel agent for empty promises or unreturned phone calls. Plan and book your trip from the comfort of your home or office using e-commerce and a dedicated round the world specialist.