Lufthansa Group Rebooking Policy
Updated 2 April 2020
The Lufthansa Group including Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian Airlines has updated their rebooking policy to provide even more flexibility to passengers needing to alter their travel plans due to the restrictions of coronavirus/COVID-19. This new policy replaces the policies released on 11 March 2020, 23 March 2020, and 31 March 2020.
Rebooking your flights
If you have a booked flight with a departure before 30 April 2021 and do not yet wish to commit to a new travel date and destination, you have until 31 August 2020 to rebook your flight without any change fees. After the flights are placed in credit, we must hear from you a minimum of 1 week prior to 31 August 20 to have sufficient time to complete the rebooking and reissue of your trip. It will remain the traveller’s responsibility to utilise the credit before this date and no follow up will be provided due to the volume of bookings affected. Your consultant can provide a summary email of the credit information.
Passengers departing from Australia, who booked their flights prior to 31 March 2020 now have until 31 December 2021 to commence their travel [an extension by 12 months from the previous policy]. Additionally, if you choose to commence your travel before 31 December 2020 you will also receive a discount of 50 Euros off any fare or tax differences [approx AUD90].
The offer covers flights booked prior to 31 March 2020 on any Lufthansa Group airline or any codeshare flight with a Lufthansa Group flight number regardless of if the flights have been cancelled by the airline.
The following rules apply for rebooking your flights:
- This policy is only valid on flights issued on or before 31 March 2020
- The rebooking/reissue must be completed on or before 31 August 2020
- Under these special circumstance, flights may be rebooked once without the rebooking fee applying, except for travel past August 2021 where an additional date change waiver will be registered to push the flights back once they are released. Ask your consultant for further details at the time of reissue.
- The starting point in Australia and destination in Europe can be changed
- New travel must commence by 31 December 2021 at the latest
- Any fare (fare + taxes/fees/surcharges) difference needs to be paid upon rebooking, for example for the new route, booking class or season
- If you choose to depart before 31 December 2020 a discount of EUR 50 will be given off any fare difference
- Change of the passenger (“Name Change”) is not permitted
- The conditions of the new fare apply
- These rebookings/reissues are also permitted for tickets that have already been rebooked/reissued due to cancelled flights or in accordance with the previous Lufthansa Group rebooking policy
- The goodwill policy also applies to passengers who have recently been a no-show on their originally booked flight
If this policy applies to you and you would like to rebook your flights, contact your Airfare Consultant to place your fares in credit, and we can rebook your round the world trip before the end of August 2021.