Qantas Are Upgrading Their A380s
Qantas are set to upgrade their fleet of A380’s! The changes will include reconfiguring the upper deck to include additional business class and premium economy seats (removing economy from the upper deck completely) and updating the business class and premium economy to the latest generation seats inline with those on the new Qantas Dreamliners.
The Upgrade Includes
- Replacing Business Class Skybeds with the latest version of Qantas’ Business Suites
- Installing the airline’s all new Premium Economy seat in a 2-3-2 configuration.
- Reconfiguring the front of the A380’s upper deck to redesign the passenger lounge, providing more room for First and Business Class customers to dine and relax.
- Refurbishing each First Class suite, including contoured cushioning and a larger, higher resolution entertainment screen.
- Updating Economy with new seat cushions and improved inflight entertainment.
The reconfiguration of the upper deck will change the capacity of the plane to 14 First Suites, 70 Business Class (+6), 60 Premium Economy (+25), and 341 Economy (-30)
With the introduction of the Dreamliners to the Qantas fleet, taking over the long haul flights it has been revealed that the A380’s will feature on more Asian routes out of Australia.
Before you get too excited though, work won’t start on upgrading the A380’s until the second half of 2019, completed by the end of 2020.
To book your Qantas RTW flights contact our Airfare Specialists.